We recently updated our Zero carbon neutral printing program to the new emissions factors posted by the Environmental Paper Network’s Paper Calculator v. 3.2.
The updates to the paper calculator have led to decreased emissions because of more accurate and detailed data available and include:
- More completely capturing the life cycle water use of both recycled and virgin fiber based on consultation with industry associations and life cycle experts
- Updated national average data on mill performance
- Calculates the environmental savings of both post-consumer and pre-consumer recycled content
- Updated decomposition rates for each of the paper grades based on new data
(source: Environmental Paper Network)
In addition, we are now offering the option to offset shipping from our print shop here at Hemlock in Burnaby to wherever your final project destination may be! It is easy to take advantage of this offering, just ask your sales rep to include it in the next Zero statement.
If you want to learn more about what makes purchasing recycled paper a better choice, check out the Environmental Paper Network’s FAQ page here.
Want to win a free Zero Carbon Neutral addition to your print project? We’re giving one away – up to $250 in value!
Here is how you can enter:
- Comment on this blog post (1 entry)
- Share the following on Twitter (1 entry):
I want to print carbon neutral! RT to enter to win a free Zero project from @HemlockPrinters #HemlockZero http://bit.ly/WvBNwq
The prize covers the cost of the carbon offset for any print project of your choice (business cards, casebound photography book, annual reports, etc.)
Maximum two entries per person. This contest is open to everyone, whether or not you’ve printed with Hemlock before, and must be claimed by June 30, 2013. We will draw one random winner from all of the entries on Thursday January 17th, 2012 at 2:00 PM.
Update: As there were no entries, we have no winner! If you’re interested in carbon neutral printing, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.